Ciao, amici! This week’s final post will be short and sweet. Well, maybe not sweet. But definitely short. At least, shorter than usual.
I’m babbling. Anyway…
I’ve had my share of challenges in the last few months. Most recently, my son celebrated his 22nd birthday, and it was the first of his birthdays that I didn’t get to spend with him. It probably doesn’t seem like that big a deal to most of you, but I coped poorly. It was a huge deal to me. Empty Nest Syndrome has hit me harder than I ever thought it would. Which brings me to today’s quote by an unknown author:
On particularly rough days when I’m sure
I can’t possibly endure,
I like to remind myself that my track record
for getting through bad days so far is 100%.
And that’s pretty good.
Nothing I could do about not being there for my son’s big day but talk to him and enjoy every second of the call. I saved the tears for after I hung up. And then I reminded myself that I have a perfect record of living through pain.
Now, as dwelling only sucks me down a vortex of despair, I’m going to move on to other matters. Namely, my blogging schedule. Again. Because I haven’t changed things enough recently, right?
Next week, instead of the usual features, I’ll be hosting my SE partners in our Something Wicked Tour. Complete details can be found here now or on daily Story Empire posts next week. And I’ll have my specific host posts Monday through Friday, each of which will end with a link to where I’m being hosted.
It may sound tedious the way I just explained it, but it should be a lot of fun.
I’ll wrap up October with a couple of random things (stay tuned!), but then I’ll be largely absent in November. Because I don’t’ have enough going on, I’m trying NaNoWriMo for the first time ever. (I’m Writester if you want to buddy-up.) I have no idea if I’ll have the time (or the will) to do it, but I’m going to try. So I won’t be posting here, and I probably won’t have time for commenting on your sites. I’m so sorry to be gone (again) but it’s a time issue.
Okay, maybe this post wasn’t as short as I expected. Sorry.
But that’s it in a nutshell. I miss my family, I’m overworked, I have a tour all next week, NaNo is coming, and I’m going to be absent again.
What’s going on with you? Let’s talk about it.
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Mondays are Murder: Mary Rogers
- Review Tuesday: Viral Blues
- WIP Wednesday: Moon
- Sci-Fi Thursday: Project Blue Book
- The Unrepentant Character | Mae Clair
- Book Pages on Amazon | Harmony Kent
- Let’s Talk Regional | Mae Clair
Posts by others in the industry:
- How to Describe Your Main Character | Kill Zone
- Planning Your Novel’s Beginning | Fiction University
- Book Description Template | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Anne Enright’s 10 Rules for Writing Fiction | Writers Write
- Advantages of Writing in Multiple Perspectives | Kobo Writing Life
- Changing Info Dumps into Plot Reveals | Helping Writers Become Authors
- Emotional Power of Connected Settings | Live Write Thrive
- Miscategorized Genres | Kobo Writing Life
- Live Video for Book Marketing | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Fall Design Bundles | Natalie Ducey
- Learning from Literary Metaphors | Writers Helping Writers
- Using Layers to Enhance Scenes | Kill Zone
- Crafting a New Writing Persona | Kobo Writing Life
- Writing about Your Passions | Nicholas C. Rossis
- SMART Story Goals | Writers Write
To make you smile:
- Bored of Education | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Thanksgiving Humor | Random Short Stories
- Sunday Funnies | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Monday Funnies | Storyreading Ape
- Jokes and Memes | Smorgasbord
- You Have Been Warned | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Laughter Lines | Smorgasbord
- Gems Found Elsewhere | Ranting Along
- Twiggy’s New Toy | John W. Howell
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great weekend! Arrivederci!