Ciao, amici! How was your week? As you might guess from my quote of the week, mine was exhausting. And I wasn’t even on “vacation” so much as just taking some much-needed mental health days. And then I got stuck with a forced technology break.
I need a non-stressful time-out. I just can’t afford it right now.
Got to hand it to Elbert Hubbard, though. He nailed it when he said:
No man needs a vacation so much
as the man who has just had one.
You guys have been great about my offline times. I can’t thank you all enough. And I hope you’re taking days off as necessary so you don’t find yourself in need of longer breaks.
How’s it going? NaNo’s approaching. Is everyone managing their time effectively? Let’s talk about it.
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Author Essentials Part 1: The Domain | P.H. Solomon
- Writing Sprints | Mae Clair
- Friday Book Share: The Passage | Harmony Kent
Posts by others in the industry:
- Ground and Hook the Reader | Fiction University
- Write Life-Changing Fiction | Helping Writers Become Authors
- When Your Character is His Own Worst Enemy | Live Write Thrive
- Fingerprints | Kill Zone
- Creative Ways to Say “As Dumb As…” | WordDreams
- Joseph Finder’s 8 Tips for Writers | Writers Write
- The Death of Amazon Giveaways | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Michael Morpurgo’s 10 Rules for Writers | Writers Write
- Free Font Friday: Swashes | Natalie Ducey
- Reedsy Discovery | Kobo Writing Life
- Blocking and Staging Scenes | Studio Binder
- Fascinating Villains | Fiction University
- What Goes in a Chapter | Kill Zone
To make you smile:
- Caturday Funnies | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Monday Chuckles | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Monday Funnies: Halloween | Storyreading Ape
- Writers Relate | Jessica Bakkers
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great weekend! Arrivederci!