Ciao, amici! How’s it going? I’ve seen some wonderful vacation pics from a few of you. I hope you’re all enjoying your summer.
I was not on vacation this week. (Or at all this summer.) And it’s either been too rainy or too hot to use the pool. (Yes, it can be too hot to cool off.) I’ve just been working. And working. And working.
Which brought me to this quote. Well, it’s not exactly a quote. It’s something I remember reading a long time ago (author unknown), and I always wished I knew who said it because it fit me perfectly:
And one day, the girl obsessively reading books
became the woman happily writing them.
I’m sure I paraphrased it. I couldn’t find the quote when I looked for it. But this was the gist. And it stuck with me for years. I am that girl-turned-woman. And I still obsessively read (although I’ll never get through my TBR list), but now I happily write, too.
Girl or boy, woman or man, I hope you have an enjoyable obsession that’s become a happy vocation. (And because I’m a reader/writer, I kind of hope you share that with me.)
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Paragraphs | Harmony Kent
- Simile and Metaphor | Joan Hall
- Book Share: The Body Keeper by Anne Frasier | P.H. Solomon
Posts by others in the industry:
- 6 Ways to Stop Overwriting | K.M. Allan
- Omniscient POV | Fiction University
- Time Jumps | Ryan Lanz
- Weaving Romance into Your Story | Live Write Thrive
- Revisions in Scrivener | Writer Unboxed
- Plot Structure Examples | Now Novel
- 4 Writing Pitfalls | Fiction University
- Getting Stuck in Your Story | Fiction University
- Instagram for Authors | BookBub
- The Basics of Book Design | The Book Designer
- 7 Tips for Writing Factions | Legends of Windemere
- Active vs. Passive | Writing Explained
- How Writers Can Defeat Self-Doubt | Writers Helping Writers
- Three Tips to Unlock Your Story | Writers Helping Writers
And for students getting ready to go back to school (yep, it’s almost that time) 200 Writing Tools and Resources Every Student Needs by Ivy Panda.
To make you smile:
- Doggy Humor | Smorgasbord
- Monday Chuckles | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Sunday Funnies | Legends of Windemere
- A Dog’s Life | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Laughter Lines | Smorgasbord
- Thursday Giggles | Phoenix Rainez
- Lucy and Twiggy Get a Yard | John W. Howell
- Scammed | Roughwighting
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great weekend! Arrivederci!