Ciao, amici! Happy Friday! I’m glad you’re here. I know it’s sometimes hard coming back to a full week of work after a holiday, and by day five, you’re exhausted. So thanks for sticking it out and visiting today.
I got a lot done this week. New words written. Outlines completed. Documents edited. I admit, I feel like I could always do more, but I’m trying to be pleased with the things I do accomplish. And who loves their work more than writers? We have the best jobs in the world. Which brings me to today’s quote by Truman Capote.
To me, the greatest pleasure of writing
is not what it’s about,
but the inner music that words make.
Ah, that’s beautiful, isn’t it? And, today and always, that’s my wish for you—an abundance of inner melodies.
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Bad Boys: 3 Questions
- Book Review: The Whisper Man by Alex North
- Book Reviews: The Stillhouse Lake Series by Rachel Caine
- Scrivener Project Targets | Harmony Kent
- The Egg Scene | C.S. Boyack
- Friday Book Share: Stillhouse Lake | Me
Posts by others in the industry:
- Opening Scenes that Hook Readers | Writers in the Storm
- Writing Gripping Internal Narrative | Helping Writers Become Authors
- Conflict Thesaurus: Earlier Deadline | Writers Helping Writers
- Plotting that Worst Case Scenario | Fiction University
- Writing Endings | The Write Practice
- Weaving Romance into Your Novel | Live Write Thrive
- 9 Ways AI Will Disrupt Authors | The Creative Penn
- Using Lyrics in Books | BookBaby
- Every Novel Needs a Little Fear | Writers Helping Writers
- Transgressive Fiction | Standout Books
- Dialogue Tips | Ingram Spark
- Word Count and Genre | Just Publishing Advice
- Muse Boards | Romance University
- Plotting Made Easy | Fiction University
- 30-Day Cliff (10K Sales) | Joseph Malik (Note: this one uses colorful language.)
- Opening Sentences of Bestsellers | Now Novel
- Find and Fix Purple Prose | Fiction University
- All About ISBNs | Apex Authors
- Story and Character Goals | Jami Gold
- Best Software for Writers | Kindlepreneur
To make you smile:
- A Little Sarcasm | The Storyreading Ape
- Caturday Funnies | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Summer Funnies | Legends of Windemere
- Sunday Funnies | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Monday Funnies | The Storyreading Ape
- Puppy Love | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Dog Days of Summer | Bluebird of Bitterness
- How to Be a Bestselling Author in 3 Days or Less | Yada Darcy Yada
- Twiggy and Lucy See Some Action | John W. Howell
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great weekend! Arrivederci!