Ciao, amici! Did you know this week was National Library Week? I’ve been celebrating with a post here and there on Facebook and Instagram. But I couldn’t let the week go by without mentioning it here, too.
To that end, this week’s post isn’t about writing, but about libraries. There were a lot to choose from. More than I expected, and so many I’d like to include. But I selected just one (it makes the graphic so much easier). I do invite you to browse the web for others. Some of them really made my heart soar.
Today’s wise words are from Neil Gaiman.
Libraries are the thin red line
between civilization and barbarism.
In one of our many homes over the years, I built a dedicated library. It was one of my favorite places ever in any of our houses. Usually I have my collection of books in a study. My current house doesn’t have a dedicated room for that, though, so I have bookshelves all over the house. Don’t tell my husband, but in some ways, I like it better. I can always carve out a cozy reading nook for myself. But if I did have a dedicated room for work, I suspect he’d want all my books in there. Having them scattered throughout the house warms my heart.
I’ll get back to the regular writing update posts next week. In the meantime, chime in with your thoughts of libraries (both public and private).
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- The Series Premise | Me
- Hero’s Journey/Monomyth | C.S. Boyack
- Friday Book Share: The Last Fifty Pages | Harmony Kent
Posts by others in the industry:
- Confusing Words | Writing Explained
- AI Infographic | Nicholas C. Rossis
- How to Start a Story | The Write Practice
- Troubleshooting Middles | The Write Practice
- Audiobooks and Book Marketing | Book Marketing Tools
- 5 Character Tools You Need to Know | Writers Helping Writers
- Online Ads for Authors (scroll down the page a bit) | Filbert Publishing
- Promo Tips from Muse and the Marketplace 2019 | BookBub
- Juggling Two Author Platforms | Fiction University
- Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Analysis | AutoCrit
- Why “It” Matters | AutoCrit
To make you smile:
- Hot Cross Puns | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Monday Funnies | The Storyreading Ape
- National Library Week | Bluebird of Bitterness
- National Library Week 2 | Bluebird of Bitterness
- National Library Week 3 | Bluebird of Bitterness
- Lucy and Twiggy at Home | John W. Howell
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great week! Arrivederci!