Ciao, amici! Good news… I started book two of my new series this week, and I’m so excited about it. This one, I think, is going even better than the first. And I finally got to introduce a character who I think is going to become one of my favorites ever.
I realize I sound cryptic. My apologies. I haven’t really disclosed any details about this project yet, so a lengthier description would be pointless. I’ll start talking about it soon, though.
Until then, suffice it to say that this was a fun writing week for me!
Since I started a new project, I thought my quote of the week should reflect that. I struggled with which one to choose, then finally chose these wise words from Sylvia Plath:
Everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise.
The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
You might laugh, but the deciding vote in which quote to choose was the fact that she used the word “writable.”
I kind of waffle back and forth. There are days where I’m completely confident in myself. I like those days. (Who wouldn’t?) Then there are the days where I question every word, every plot decision, and even my choice in vocation. (Those days, it goes without saying, totally suck.)
In the end, doubt or not, it doesn’t matter. I enjoy writing, and I’m going to keep doing it. I definitely have the imagination; I probably need to work on the guts a little bit.
How about you? Let’s talk about it.
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- On Becoming a Writer, Part 1 | Joan Hall
- Horoscope for Characterization | Harmony Kent
- Book Covers | P.H. Solomon
Posts by others in the industry:
- Marketability of Short Stories | Fiction University
- Descriptive Writing | Re:Fiction
- What is Woman’s Fiction? | Re:Fiction
- Types of Mysteries | Judi Lynn
- Describing Eyes | Word Dreams
- Describing Sound | Word Dreams
- Choosing Your Audiobook Narrator | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Building Mystery into Your Story | Fiction University
- Satisfying Endings | Uninspired Writers
- Goal-Oriented Storytelling: Novelty | Writers Helping Writers
- 10 Ways to Start a Story | The Write Practice
- Group Giveaways to Increase Email Subscribers | Your First 10K Readers
- Grammar Points | Kill Zone
- Test Your Scene’s Narrative Drive | Fiction University
- Writing Exes Who Don’t Hate Each Other | Legends of Windemere
- Authors Turn on Amazon Book Review Policies | The Book Designer
- Flashbacks and the P.A.S.T. Method | Writers Helping Writers
- Facebook Ads | Nicholas C. Rossis
To make you smile:
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great week! Arrivederci!