Ciao, amici! Hope you’re all doing well. It was another busy week for me, and it doesn’t look like my obligations will be changing anytime soon, so rather than boring you with the same lament every Friday, I’m going to move on to what is relevant.
We celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr. this Monday. Man, wouldn’t it be nice if we kept his quest for peace in mind all the time? I thought I’d choose one of his quotes in his honor this week. One, I think, that applies to anyone as well as to our writing lives.
Faith is taking the first step
even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
I’m not sure if you’re just starting out on your writing journey or if you, like me, have been at it for a while. Wherever you are, beginning each new story can be daunting. It’s exciting, but it’s not as easy as some people make it look. There might (and probably will) be a time when you wonder if it’s worth the effort, especially when there’s no end in sight.
I’m here to tell you, it is. Just have a little faith.
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- What is Your Dream? | Joan Hall
- Write Large | C. S. Boyack
- Friday Cover Share: An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena | Mae Clair
Posts by others in the industry:
- Writing Amazon Ad Copy | D.E. Haggerty
- A Copyright Page That Pops | Chris McMullen
- Alternate Ways to Show Characters’ Reactions | Fiction University
- Point of View | Don Massenzio
- Avoiding Repetitive Structure | Fiction University
- Settings: Do You Have to Have First-Hand Knowledge? | Don Massenzio
- PDF Element | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Scene Endings Need Hooks, Too | Fiction University
- Three Mistakes When Creating Stakes | Fiction University
- Manuscript Preparation Using Kindle Create | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Strengthening Your Writing | Fiction University
- Easy-to_Implement Social Media Strategies | A Marketing Expert
- 12 Questions to Ask Your Book Cover Designer | BookBub
- Putting Your First Novel to Good Use | Don Massenzio
- Conveying Emotions | Fiction University
- Vocal Cues to Convey Emotion | Fiction University
- Compelling Characters | Writers Helping Writers
- Psychology of Characters | The Write Practice
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great week! Arrivederci!