Ciao, amici! Happy Friday! This week sure flew by. I hope you have a restful weekend planned. I’m still playing catch-up, and I have some personal business to attend to, so that’s not in the cards for me. I’ll just have to live (or relax) vicariously through you.
This week’s quote comes courtesy of John Steinbeck.
Ideas are like rabbits.
You get a couple and learn how to handle them,
and pretty soon you have a dozen.
That’s how my writing went this week. I always have an outline. It’s a fairly basic one, but I can’t start a long work without one. I always seem to make additions and changes as I go, but this week my outline sprouted detour routes in all kinds of directions. Before, that would have made me nervous. This time, though, I loved it. Every new idea fostered another, then another, and even after careful consideration, I thought they all improved the work. (Sometimes my ideas are crazy and I need to let them go, but not so this time, which was a happy surprise.)
Now, if I can just finish writing this novel without adding more details!
Has that ever happened to you? You start with a plan, but then part way through, new ideas take over and the work takes off? I’d love to hear about it.
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- I have to apologize here. Did you ever check and recheck something and know you were forgetting something important but not be able to figure out what that was? That was the case last week. I forgot to include C. S. Boyack’s tour stop on my site. (my deepest apologies, Craig.) I’m including it now. If you missed it, you’ll want to check it out. Release of C. S. Boyack’s VOYAGE OF THE LANTERNFISH.
- New Release and Book Review of Mae Clair’s END OF DAY
- Are You a POV Snob? | Mae Clair
- Kindle Create | Harmony Kent
- Writing Question: Genie Grants a Wish | P.H. Solomon
Posts by others in the industry:
- Setting Description: How Much? | Fiction University
- Bookful, an AR Book App | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Dialogue Tags | Fiction University
- Dialects and Accents | The Kill Zone
- Nuances of Banter | Legends of Windemere
- Series Advice | The Kill Zone
- Titles | Fiction University
- A Fabulous Tutorial on Flow | Fiction University
- Therapy Dogs and Struggling Readers | Nicholas C. Rossis
- The Time is Now: Indie Publishing | Don Massenzio
- Three Publishing Trends | BookBaby
- A Writing Legacy | Don Massenzio
- Getting Reviews | BookBub
- Fantasy Sub-Genres | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Trimming the Overstated | Fiction University
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great week! Arrivederci!