Ciao, amici! I have to apologize for the links this week. My computer is broken and in the shop for repairs. (I don’t want to talk about it.) Consequently, collecting links and assembling posts has been a challenge. Hopefully, I’ll have it back next week. But they’re saying 7-10 days, so I’m not optimistic.
Anyway, this is week two of Advent, and the theme is faith. This writing quote by E. B. White fits the theme perfectly.
Writing is an act of faith,
not a trick of grammar.
You know me… I’m an editor, and I love grammar. But there’s so much more to writing than making sure you use a comma correctly. That’s why I love this quote. It’s a nice reminder that mechanics is only part of the process. Equally important, maybe even more so, is that fire deep inside that inspires your story.
And now, last week’s writing links:
- Scrivener Templates | P. H. Solomon
- Write Medium | C. S. Boyack
- Five for Friday: Fizzled Marketing Channels | P. H. Solomon
Posts by others in the industry:
- 30 Sites that Pay Writers | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Where to Start | Don Massenzio
- Faster First Drafts | Fiction University
- Beginnings and Backstory | Writers Helping Writers
- Editing After NaNo | Fiction University
- Deepen Reader/Character Connection | Romance University
- Cover Design | Fiction University
- Strong Opening Scenes | Fiction University
- High Concept Fiction | Standout Books
- Story Grid: 6 Core Questions | The Write Practice
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.Have a great week! Arrivederci!