Ciao, amici! It’s that time of year when we’re looking at Halloween through our rearview mirror and heading toward Thanksgiving (in the US). Because of that, I tend to be hyper-focused on gratitude now (and every November).
To that end, I found this quote by JFK to be more than appropriate.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget
that the highest appreciation is not to utter words,
but to live by them.
I make my living with words, so I’m always happy when I find someone who believes in the power of them. Particularly when both the words and the actions mean so much.
And now, last week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Flash Fiction 2: Problem/Interruption | Harmony Kent
- Spooky | Joan Hall
- Five for Friday: Promotion | C. S. Boyack
- 3D Attraction | Laura Stapleton
- Love ‘em/Hate ‘em | Laurie Schnebly Campbell
- Settings Make or Break a Novel | Donnell Ann Bell
Posts by others in the industry:
- Raising Tension | Fiction University
- Character Flaws | Fiction University
- When to Give Up on a Novel | Fiction University
- Book Sales Infographic | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Make a Story Suspenseful | The Write Practice
- Character Descriptions | K. M. Allan
- Blog Tour Checklist | Re:Fiction
- How to Start a Story | Re:Fiction
- Self-Editing | Re:Fiction
- Everything You Need for NaNo | Standout Books
- Breaking the Rules for NaNo | The Write Practice
- What’s the Matter with Fiction Sales? | Publisher’s Weekly
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great week! Arrivederci!