Ciao, amici! Thanks for following me around this week. Next week won’t be nearly as hectic, although I still have a few posts that haven’t gone live yet.
Many of us are currently celebrating a three-day weekend with trips and picnics and anything we can think of to enjoy the last joys of summer. I hope you aren’t reading this as soon as it posts—I’d much rather know you’re somewhere having fun. But this is here for you when the frivolity is over and we’re all back to work.
I’ve got some great writing links for you this week.
As I mentioned, I was really busy. What I didn’t mention is that Neil Young was the first concert I ever saw in person. And how are these two things related, you ask? Well, this week’s quote is about busyness and is by Neil Young.
It’s better to burn out than to fade away.
Love or hate his music, working hard or lazy days… it doesn’t matter. He makes a good point. When we pursue our passions, we are fulfilled. And we possibly leave a legacy that will last long after we’re gone. If we aren’t devoting time to the things we love, we languish. And eventually fade away.
I’ll ALWAYS consider my family my greatest passion and my number one priority. And I was there for them this week. But I also devoted a lot (and I mean A LOT) of time to my other passion—my career. It was a rough week. And I am feeling a little burnt out. But I refuse to fade away.
And I hope you don’t, either.
Now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Another Book is Born: Tortured Soul | Me
- Visiting Friends with Tortured Soul 1 | Me
- Rushing Water Excerpt | D. L. Finn
- Ancient Aliens and Tortured Soul | Mae Clair
- Visiting Friends with Tortured Soul 2 | Me
- Powers and Death Excerpt | Marcia Meara
- Dual Books and a Blurb | Judi Lynn
- Visiting Friends with Tortured Soul 3 | Me
- Raindrops and Invitation Excerpt | Jacquie Biggar
- Explosion and Rubble Excerpt | John W. Howell
- Visiting Friends with Tortures Soul 4 | Me
- Tortured Soul Alchemy Excerpt | Teri Polen
- Author Interview and Tortured Soul | Michele Jones
- Chronic Illness and Writing | Maggie Blackbird
- Ask and Editor: Positioning Your Book | Theresa Stevens
- The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit | Josh Lanyon
Posts by others in the industry:
- Idea Development | Fiction University
- 40 Rules for Writing | Authors Publish
- Single Market or Wide | Writers Helping Writers
- Killing or Tipping Writing’s Sacred Cows | The Kill Zone
- Put Snap in Your Style | The Kill Zone
- Find Your Specific Genre | Fiction University
- CreateSpace/KDP Merger | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Guns in Fiction | The Kill Zone
- Selling to More than Your Mom | The Write Practice
- Balanced Stage Directions | Fiction University
- 3 Techniques to Fix Pacing | Morgan Hazelwood
- The WordPress Business Plan | Colleen Chesebro
- Using YouTube to Sell Books | Nicholas C. Rossis
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great weekend!