Ciao, everybody. How was your week?
Mine was exhausting. The kids are back in college, which means my house is returning to its normal schedule. I’d expected to get a lot done, but I’d forgotten my dogs don’t adjust well to change. They don’t like the house to be empty and quiet, and they moped a lot. Casey, my older one—the one giving me a dirty look—walks around whimpering and sighing. Yes, sighing. He really knows how to tug at my heart. They both do.
There were a lot of work breaks to play fetch and tug this week. Even more for random bouts of petting.
Next week will be easier on them. But their attitudes this week made me realize something (as my daily word counts suffered). It’s not the quantity of words; it’s the quality.
Which is why Libra Bray’s words really resonated with me:
Write like it matters, and it will.
So I didn’t write a lot, but what I wrote was important. It mattered. And that’s good enough for me.
What about you? How was your week? Let’s talk about it.
And now, this week’s writing links…
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- The Other Path | C. S. Boyack
- Subscriber List Maintenance | P. H. Solomon
- Book Cover: Magazines | C. S. Boyack
- Trunk Novels | Kelsey Browning
- Building an Alpha | Adrienne Giordano
- Commonalities Between Harry Potter and Me | Tracey Devlyn
Posts by others in the industry:
- Video Marketing for Authors | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Outline Options | Fiction University
- Book Covers that Sell | The Write Practice
- Titles | The Kill Zone
- Changes in Facebook Ads Targeting Practices | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Writing Out of Sequence | Writers Helping Writers
- Find and Delete Filler | Well-Storied
- A Well-Written Yet Bad Novel | Fiction University
- Successful Advertising Tips | BookBub
- Tool for Scene Mapping | Writers Helping Writers
- Submitting to Newsletters | Fiction University
- Writing a Likable Antagonist | The Write Practice
And when you’re done with these links, don’t forget to check out the sidebar, where you’ll find more links to some of my favorite sites.
Have a great weekend!