If you read my post on Tuesday, you know this was a bittersweet week for me. I’m in the process of saying goodbye to favorite characters. Tortured Soul, the fourth and final book of the Medici Protectorate series, is now available for preorder. Soon it will be released, and then the end will be official. It’s “bittersweet” because I’m proud of finishing it but sad to see them go.
That’s why I found this week’s quote to be so fitting.
How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?
—A. A. Milne
Milne had Winnie the Pooh, one of my all-time favorite children’s series. I have the Brotherhood, which I love more than I thought possible to love something fictional. Maybe because they were conceived based on family heritage, maybe because the guys are just so deliciously complex—both impossibly strong and heart-wrenchingly vulnerable at the same time. Maybe I’m just sentimental.
In any case, I consider myself very lucky.
And now, this week’s writing links.
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Write What You Want | Story Empire
- Speaking Engagements as Platform-Builders | Romance University
- Tortured Soul available for Preorder | Staci Troilo
- On This Day | Story Empire
- Deep Research | Romance University
- Writing Question: Audience | Story Empire
- 10 Tips for Pitching Your Book | Romance University
Posts by others in the industry:
- Plot Clock | Fiction University
- SSL Security and Social Share Counts | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Creating Your Story’s Mythology | Re:Fiction
- Uniqueness and Creativity | Nicholas C. Rossis
- 5 Steps to Creating a Perfect Fantasy World | Fiction University
- Free Book Writing Software Programs | Just Publishing Advice
- 5 Reasons to Give Up on Your Novel (and 1 Reason Not To) | Fiction University
- How Readers Discover New Books | BookBub
- Is Your Opening Intriguing or Confusing? | Fiction University
- Keyword Strategies | Kindlepreneur
- KDP Expanded Distribution | Chris McMullen
- Writing Characters You Hate | A Writer’s Path
- Crafting a Perfect Ending | The Write Practice
- Authors’ 5 Emotional Stages of Book Releases | BookBaby
- Selling at Conventions | Fiction University
- Free and Low-Cost Photos | Blogging Bistro
- Legalities of Operating a Business | Blogging Bistro
Have a great weekend!