Happy Friday, folks! It was a busy week here. What else is new, right? I thought I’d have time to write a second post this week, but then it all hit the fan. Hoping to do so next week. Until then, here’s the quote of the week:
I chose this one because this week, I was forced to consider why I write. Maybe this is trite or cliche; maybe it’s not “deep” enough or good enough. But my reason is simple: I can’t NOT write. I love the craft. I love words. I love putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys) and combining words in combinations that have never before existed. I have more stories to tell than I have days to tell them, and I come up with more ideas every day. Of course I write. I can’t stop it.
What about you?
And now, this week’s links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- From Word to Book, Pt 2 | Story Empire
- When You Hit a Wall | Story Empire
- Character Profiles and Interviews | Romance University
- Television and the Craft of Writing Fiction | Story Empire
Posts by others in the industry:
- Maverick Friend as Plot Device | Fiction University
- Book Descriptions | The Write Practice
- Thrillers | The Write Practice
- The Unlikeable Protagonist | Standout Books
- Intro to Instagram | Web Design Relief
- Agents | Morgan Hazelwood
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!