This week, my inspirational quote is a little different than usual. Father’s Day is Sunday, so that’s where my thoughts are—not on the week behind me, but on a day coming up.
I’ve been blessed with many wonderful examples of fatherhood. My grandfather and my father were everything a girl could have asked for: strong, fun, loving, caring, encouraging. I have uncles and inlaws galore who fit the bill, too. I can’t tell you how full of love my heart is for each and every one of them.
But my blessings, rich though they are, don’t end there. I married a man who is the best father I ever could have wanted for my children. He gave me a son and a daughter who are smart, funny, strong, and beautiful. I love him for many reasons, but maybe for that most of all.
This week, I got to spend time with a family member who I don’t often get to see, and it reminded me how special our time together is and how much it should be treasured. I admit, sometimes I can’t see the obvious forest for my busy schedule of trees. It’s embarrassing, because it shouldn’t take a holiday or a visit to remind me.
I hope to spend every day counting my blessings. As I work on that, I want to wish every father—and every positive male role model—a very happy Father’s Day.
And now, this week’s writing links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- The Contract | Staci Troilo
- Creativity Tools | Story Empire
- Writing Erotic Scenes | Romance University
- Mediums and Spirit Cabinets | Staci Troilo
- Basic Plots: Voyage and Return | Story Empire
- Independently Publishing Your First Book | Romance University
- Writing Question: Conflict | Story Empire
Posts by others in the industry:
- Describing Characters | Fiction University
- Writing Tool | Facets of a Muse
- Why is My Book Not Selling? | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Present Tense in Novels | Quick and Dirty Tips
- 8 Elements of a Book Launch | BookBaby
- Criminal Empire Worldbuilding | Mythic Scribes
- How to Write a Suspense Novel | The Write Practice
- Scene and Chapter Transitions | Fiction University
- This Week in Publishing | Don Massenzio
- SciFi/Fantasy World Building | Fiction University
- Start with a Bang | BoolBub
- Write Like Stephen King | The Write Practice
- More on Cocky-gate | The Fussy Librarian
- Four Questions to Strengthen a Scene | Writers Digest
- Nonverbal Cues | Writer Unboxed
- Tips for Author Readings | Morgan Hazelwood
- Cozy Mysteries 101 | The Kill Zone
- Deep POV | Writers Helping Writers
- Story Deconstruction of 47 Meters | Story Fix