Ciao, everybody. Are you having a good week?
I used to be a professor, and I currently write for two industry websites. Basically, I’m used to operating in teacher-mode. But this week, I started taking a mastermind class on backlist strategies for authors. I’m a student again! It’s a refreshing change. I feel my horizons expanding and my synapses firing. On top of all the work on my calendar, it makes for busy days. But I love the challenge.
Which brings me to the quote of the week:
It’s an eight-week course, and I’m only in the first week, but I’m excited about it. I don’t know where it will all lead, but I’m enjoying the ride. And that’s what I’m choosing to focus on.
What path are you traveling this week? Let’s talk about it.
And now, this week’s links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Summer and Writing | Story Empire
- On the Road Again | Romance University
- Calibre for Formatting | Story Empire
- Organic Marketing | Romance University
- Friday Book Share: Boneshaker | Story Empire
Posts by others in the industry:
- Time Travel as a Literary Device | The Write Stuff
- Tips for Sustaining Tension | Morgan Hazelwood
- Creating Perfect Facebook Creatives | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Ways Repetition Hurts a Novel | Fiction University
- Budgeting for Marketing | Self Publishing Advice
- Things to Know Before a Pitch | Fiction University
- An Ideal Writer’s Workspace | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Spreadsheet Downloads for Manuscript Details | Cow Pasture Chronicles
- Listening to Your WIP | Marcia Meara Writes
- Common Consistency Errors | Ryan Lanz
- What Writers Can Learn from Animated Stories | The Kill Zone
- The Ensemble Cast | Standout Books
- Write a Novel Readers Can’t Put Down | The Write Practice
- Multiple POVs | Well-Storied
- Make Something Happen | The Kill Zone
- Writer’s Spice Cabinet | Writers Helping Writers
- How to Avoid Messing Up | The Write Practice
- Who and Where in the Opening | The Kill Zone
- How to Avoid Cliches | The Write Practice