Are you sick of me asking where the week went? I am. But I still can’t believe how fast the days are passing. (I’d say I sound like an old lady, but my kids would agree too quickly. And enthusiastically.)
Anyway, this week’s post spoke to me because I spent a good chunk of my time editing. After the weekend is over, I’m looking forward to getting back to writing. My WIPs are calling me.
This week, though, writing took a backseat. Somehow, many of my clients were ready for edits at the same time. Doesn’t happen often, but when it does, I have to put my own work aside. I don’t really mind. While I’m itching to get back to my writing, the break is usually helpful to my creativity.
I thought this quote was beautiful. And appropriate for my workweek. I hope it spoke to you, as well.
Wishing you a happy weekend. For many of us, it’s a three-day weekend, so it’s already starting on a high note!
And now, this week’s links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Overwhelmed? I Get It | Story Empire
- The Elevator Pitch | Romance University
- Book Review: C. S. Boyack’s THE YAK GUY PROJECT | Staci Troilo
- Reformed Pantser | Story Empire
- Beta Reader Checklist | Romance University
- Book Covers: Old and New | Story Empire
- Writing Realistic Private Detectives | Romance University
Posts by others in the industry:
- Writing While Traveling | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Indie Publishing Links | Don Massenzio
- Pushing the Character Past Breaking | Fiction University
- GDPR Breakdown (Plus More Links) | CreativIndie
- More Than “Write What You Know” | The Write Conversation
- Finding Your Target Reader | D. E. Haggerty
- Resources to Celebrate Mystery Month | Rachel Poli
- Opening Lines | Fiction University
- Relatable Characters | Well-Storied