My, how the days—weeks—are flying by. Feels like Christmas just ended, but we’re staring at St. Patrick’s Day.
They say time moves faster when you’re busy. That might be why I can’t believe how fast this year is blowing by. I’ve been very busy—writing, editing, blogging, releasing a new novella, touring other sites, outlining and starting a new project. It’s a whirlwind, every day.
Which brings me to this week’s inspirational quote:
I don’t know about you, but what that guy’s doing is a little scary to me. Work is a little scary for me, too. For most writers, I suspect. Putting yourself out there, welcoming feedback even though you know it might sting… not the most comfortable things to do. Sure, I could be a cashier at a grocery store, but I have no passion for that. My passion is writing, so that’s where I put my time and effort. And yes, the climb is hard and the road steep, but reaching the top must be so satisfying. It’s got to be worth the effort.
What about you? Have you been working hard this week, or have you been looking for reasons not to start that scary climb? Let’s talk about it.
Until then, here are this week’s links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- The Villains of Gamble | Joan Hall
- An Oscar-Winning Performance | Story Empire
- A Blast from the Past | Romance University
- The Gemini Connection Cover Reveal | Staci Troilo
- Backing Up Social Media | Story Empire
- Regency Travelers | Romance University
- Nightforce Security Guys on Lisa Burton Radio | C. S. Boyack
- Friday Writing Question: Tools | Story Empire
- An Accidental Series | Romance University
Posts by others in the industry:
- 12 Tips for a Healthy Writing Life | The Write Conversation
- Concepts | Story Fix
- The Assault Rifle (for fiction writers) | Nicholas C. Rossis
- Deepening Theme | Writers Helping Writers
- Inventing a Fictional Language | Standout Books
- Emotional Core | Fiction University
- Perspective vs. POV in Fiction | AutoCrit
- 10 Things Successful Kobo Authors Do | Kobo Writing Life
- What One Successful Author Does to Earn His Living | Fiction University
- Avoiding the Info Dump | A Writer’s Path
- Free Photo Sites | Under Construction Page
- Song and Poetry in Fiction | Standout Books
- Three Brainstorming Methods | Well-Storied
- The Connection System | Booklaunch