I said I’d never use a pen name, but I broke that vow. I’m now working on my second book for a company. I can’t talk a lot about it; I’m essentially ghost-writing, although I will market for those books when they’re released. The cool thing is, I’m managing to average 5,000 words a day for them while still having time to work on my own projects. I’m currently preparing to release a novella and have another in the final editing stage. Covers for both are done; it’s a matter of finishing touches and promo materials at this point.
The most exciting thing, though, is that Story Empire (a blog I write for with five other authors) made Positive Writer’s 2018 Top Fifty List. We’re all really excited to have come so far in so short a time. Our blog isn’t even two years old yet! It’s an honor to have been nominated, let alone to have made the cut. And when you check out the list (and I encourage you to do so; there are great resources on it), I’m sure you’ll recognize many if not all of the names. Like I said, it’s quite an honor, and we’re all super-thrilled.
I chose this quote today because I feel like I have come a long way, and I’m proud of that fact. I also have a long way to go, and I’m looking forward to the process. As such, I thought Michael Josephson’s words were more than fitting.
What about you? Do you take the time to celebrate your victories, or do you just write it off as luck and move on to the next project? I admit, I’ve had low-confidence days and have questioned my successes. This week, though, I’m looking through my rose-colored glasses and taking the win. I hope you do the same. Let’s talk about it.
As always, wishing you productivity and balance.
And now, this week’s links:
Posts by me, about my work, or at sites I contribute to:
- Author Beware of Facebook and Pen Names (Story Empire)
- Turning the Frown Upside Down (Romance University)
- Observations (Story Empire)
- Location, Location, Location (Romance University)
- Friday Book Cover: Bow of Hart Saga (Story Empire)
- No More Fat-Shaming (Romance University)
Posts by others in the industry:
- Positive Writer’s 2018 Top Fifty List (Positive Writer)
- Five Quotes to Establish Character (Fiction University)
- Love Scenes: The Eyes Have It (The Write Conversation)
- Moving from CreateSpace to KDP (Nicholas C. Rossis)
- 5 Facebook Tips for Book Marketing (Nicholas C. Rossis)
- Three-Phase Book Launch Plan (BookBaby)
- Three-Step Formula for Better Book Blurbs (Kill Zone)
- Revision, Redraft, Rewrite (Fiction University)
- Building Your Author Brand (AutoCrit)
- Literary Device: Repetition (Connie J. Jasperson)
- Advancing the Plot (Live, Write, Thrive)
- Five Reasons to Use Google Plus (Buffer App)
- Sense of Smell/Fiction Descriptions (Nicholas C. Rossis)
- Make Your Blog Posts as Good as Your Books (The Write Conversation)
- Cohesion and Resonance (Helping Writers Become Authors)
- Maps and Settings (Writers Helping Writers)
- Developing Character Voice (Well-Storied)
- An Author’s Promise to Readers (The Write Conversation)
- Blog Topics for Authors (Fiction Writer By Choice)
- Write Memorable Characters by Focusing on the Little Things (Writers Helping Writers)
- Author Visits (Fiction University)