Here we are, another week behind us. I sure hope you had a productive one.
This week, my enemy was time. I didn’t just take Memorial Day off; I took the whole three-day weekend. It put me behind, but I needed to recharge. Which I’m happy to say I (kind of) did.
But obligations sneak in that we don’t expect, and the best-laid plans go to Hades in a handbasket.
This week, I was a writer, but I wasn’t writing very much. And I hate weeks like this. Not only because deadlines are looming and stress is mounting, but because I’m a writer—I feel joy when I take the thoughts in my head and heart and transcribe them into words that mean something to others.
I won’t go so far as to say my work is my legacy. I firmly believe my kids hold that title. Exclusively. But if my words matter to even one person, then I’ve left a mark on the world. And that means something to me.
That also means when I have a low-production week, I feel it. Tangibly. Viscerally. Not writing doesn’t just hurt my production levels; it hurts me.
So, I’ll strive to be better next week. Can’t look back. Always look forward with hope. Next week, I won’t just be a writer. I’ll be writing.
Okay. Now that the motivational portion of the post is over, I have your list of links for the week. Here are the five posts I wrote, or my peers wrote on sites I contribute to. Please visit and leave a comment. (All writers love to discuss things. Especially when we can write our answers!)
- Monday at Story Empire, Mae Clair wrote a stirring post about Memorial Day. You can find it here.
And I had a bonus post this week, also about Memorial Day. You can read it here.
- Tuesday I wrote a post about westerns and my short frontier tale “Valuable Treasures” which ties into the Medici Protectorate series. You can find that post here.
- Wednesday at Story Empire was a weight off my shoulders. I finished my four-part series on media kits. You can find that post and a sample media kit by clicking here.
- Thursday at AIW Press, I wrote about the benefits of contributing to a short story anthology. You can see those tips here.
- Friday’s Story Empire post is another curated writing content post. Links to valuable industry information around the web have been compiled for you. Find those links here.
I hope you enjoy those posts. In the meantime, wishing you a restful and wonderful weekend. Until next week…